Thursday, August 30, 2012

Spicy Veal Ordeal

Every now and then, I get a craving for a nice veal cutlet. Naturally, I go for the leanest cut I can find, and while most people think of veal cutlet parm when they hear veal, I'm actually quite a fan of just plain old veal cutlets on the BBQ dipped in some spicy BBQ sauce! (with a nice spice rub of course!)

To make a yummy, lean veal cutlet, I simply combine some garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper, cumin, paprika (smoked if you're feelin' frisky), rub the veal in the spices, coat it with some dehydrated onion and garlic flakes for a crunchy coating (see, who needs breading?!), and throw them on the BBQ for a few minutes- be careful not to cook them too long, because if they are as thin cut as mine were, they cook up super quick.

P.S.- the veal cutlets in the photo are pictured alongside some Freekeh- which was actually the best I've ever made (thanks to some chopped jalapenos that I added- highly recommended!) Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment