Wednesday, October 3, 2012

A Chip Off the Old Sprout

It seems like Kale chips are all the rage these days, but personally, I don't really like Kale. I'm all for the concept of a green chip, so I decided to experiment, and my first try was a major success. You'll never guess what I used to make the most delicious, crunchy chip you could imagine (seriously, I dare you to try to eat these quietly)

Give up?

I used Brussels Sprouts!

I know, you're grossed out and ready to x out of this window, but seriously, don't knock 'em til you try 'em! For any of you brussie haters, prepare to be amazed!




To make these crunchy munchies, you will need:
A giant handful of brussels sprouts
a generous sprinkle of salt (we all know I am generally anti-salt, but if we're making mock chips, it sort of lends itself to salt; however, the chips are equally delicious without salt, and you could easily sub a little garlic powder or onion powder or make them totally plain!)

Anyway, to prepare, simply separate the sprouts into individual leaves (yes, it's a little tedious, but worth it). Spray a baking sheet with non-stick spray, spread the leaves evenly throughout the tray, sprinkle on your spices, and bake away at 300 degrees for about 7-10 minutes, or until the chips look crispy! Optional: you can flip them halfway through and sprinkle the other side with spices if you're feelin frisky! Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment