Sunday, September 22, 2013

5 Minute Gazpacho

I have to admit something here. Prior to making this recipe, I had never had gazpacho before. And I still wouldn't have if a friend hadn't requested it when visiting me (I can't say no to a food request!) I don't know why I had never considered making it. It's all veggies, pretty low in calories, and everyone knows soup fills you up. So I got to work reading up on what goes into gazpacho (or at least what could go into gazpacho- talk about 28563275 types of the same thing!!) and decided to craft my own version. I was going for what seemed to be the most basic, yet delicious gazpacho that I could make with ingredients I had on hand, and I was pleasantly surprised with my outcome.



To make this gazpacho, you will need:

2 cups of pure tomato juice (aka as close as you can find to a tomato juice where the only ingredient is tomatoes)
4 cloves of garlic, minced
1/4 cup coconut vinegar
1.5 pounds of tomatoes, chopped
1 medium cucumber, peeled and chopped
1/2 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
dash of salt
optional (but highly recommended): a pinch of cayenne and a squirt of Sriracha

To prepare, toss the tomato juice, garlic, and vinegar in a Vitamix or food processor and blend until entirely mixed (if you're spicing up your gazpacho, now would be the time to add the cayenne and Sriracha). Then, add the remaining ingredients and blend until desired consistency is achieved. I decided to make mine a little chunky, so I didn't blend all the way, but if you prefer a completely smooth result, then blend and grind away! Pop it in the freezer to chill and enjoy for days (this makes a fairly large amount).

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment