Monday, September 30, 2013

Butter Those Cashews!

Ever since I learned to make my own peanut butter in my Vitamix, I couldn't help but want to experiment with other nuts and nut butters. Mommy Tiny Tummy's friend recently sent her on an anti-peanut frenzy, so she insisted on replacing her usual banana and peanut butter with a different nut butter, and since Daddy Tiny Tummy isn't a fan of almond butter, cashews were next on the list. The nice thing about making your own nut butter is it requires minimal work on your part. Check it out below.



To make a very simple, but very delicious cashew butter, you will need, all you need is at least 2 cups of cashews (roasted or raw-- they say raw is healthier... I personally don't see the issue with roasted). If you want to make a larger batch, simply use more cashews. I suggest at least 2 cups because it is hard for the nuts to blend into a butter with any less than that. If you're a salted nut butter person, feel free to add some sea salt as well.

To prepare, simply toss your nuts into a food processor, Vitamix, or magic bullet and blend away until the nuts become a butter. You may have to stop and scrape down the sides a few times. Note: peanuts turn to butter WAY faster than cashews do, so be patient. I apologize for the yucky photo. I should have taken one before putting it into a container, and I was lazy about replating it for photographical purposes- I promise, though. It tastes better than that photo makes it look! Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment