Thursday, October 24, 2013

It's Official: I'm WWOOFING!


I'm dedicating this post to some very exciting news I would like to share with you all. I recently applied/was accepted to do a farming internship at an organic farm in California for a week working on the farm in exchange for room and board through a program called WWOOF. WWOOF has locations all over the world, and accepts people of all ages. The program is often an exchange: you work on the farm doing whatever they need in exchange for a place to stay and three meals a day. Each farm permits/requires you to stay for a different period of time. The one that I will be visiting has a one-week long program which is perfect for me since I will be starting my job full time right after graduating. The photo I've included is of some tomatoes that were grown in my family's backyard on Long Island... hopefully this farming experience will expand my abilities past just these tomatoes and some basic herbs.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment