Thursday, March 28, 2013

Fight Fat with Fat

I know it may sound counterintuitive, but your body needs fat to survive. While I obviously wouldn't advocate gorging your face in ice cream and french fries, there are healthy fats that you should be eating- such as salmon and avocado, which happen to go quite nicely in a salad, as I made for dinner last night. Since I made a mock guac. and marinated my salmon, the salad didn't even need dressing which was an added bonus.

To make this salmon, avocado and spinach salad, you will need:
4oz salmon cooked and chopped (I marinated mine in a little balsamic and grilled it on my mini George Foreman Grill)
3-4 cups of chopped spinach (or greens of choice)
1/4 medium avocado mashed
optional: a squirt of lime and a tablespoon of salsa to mix into the avocado to make guacamole

To prepare, toss all of the ingredients together and mix around until the avocado/guacamole covers the whole salad. Feel free to add any other veggies that you feel may enhance the salad! I won't tell ;) Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment