Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Ring the Parm Alarm

When I was younger, my family didn't go out for Italian food very often, but when we did, my dish of choice was often chicken parm. Not the healthiest- fried chicken, tons of cheese, usually a side of spaghetti... you know, the works. Clearly, I don't order that anymore, but there's no reason you can't enjoy a chicken parm-esque dish, which is just what this next recipe is. Sans breadcrumbs, a fried crust, and mounds of cheese, chicken parm can be a healthy choice. As a side note, the picture below was Daddy Tiny Tummy's chicken parm, so the cheese load is a little heavy.
To make Tiny Tummy's Chicken Parm, you will need:
4 oz chicken breast (I used tenders, but a 4oz chicken breast would work all the same)
a healthy portion of onion powder, garlic powder, a pinch of black pepper, and optional paprika
3 T tomato sauce (I used my own homemade tomato sauce)
1 oz shredded fat free or reduced fat mozzarella cheese

To prepare, preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. coat your chicken breasts/tenders in the spice mixture until well coated (it should resemble a "breading"). Then, top it with tomato sauce and cheese and roast it for about 10-15 minutes until the chicken is cooked and the cheese has melted. Doesn't get any easier or more delicious than that!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment