Friday, July 12, 2013

Grill Me A Pizza

I recently read an article that said you aren't a true grill master until you've mastered the grilled pizza. I don't know who made that rule, but Tiny Tummy refuses no challenge, so I figured I'd give it a try, but of course, with a healthier version. So, low and behold, the grilled pizza.



To make this grilled pizza, you will need:
1 whole wheat tortilla (I used La Tortilla Factory)
2 T tomato sauce (I used my homemade sauce)
1-2oz reduced fat mozzarella cheese (shredded)
(optional: garlic powder, red pepper flakes, additional pizza toppings)

To prepare, simply grill one side of your tortilla for about a minute (until it browns), then flip it, add your toppings, and continue to cook until the cheese melts. This is a perfect recipe for a hot summer day when you don't want to turn your oven on and heat up your home more than it already is. Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment