Sunday, February 3, 2013

A Whole Lotta Lentil Lovin'

As you all know, I am starting a four cleanse today along with my team at work based on an 8 food eating plan. Since I will be going to classes, I figured I would get a bunch of my meals together in advance, so I can take it with me and eat it on the go. Lunch consists of a lentil, spinach, and egg salad,  so I hard-boiled some eggs in advance, and I decided to spice up some lentils (hopefully that's allowed!), and for those of you cleansing with me, or anyone who just wants to make some yummy lentils, I thought I'd share the recipe.



To make these delicious and flavorful lentils, you will need:

1 package of precooked lentils (you can get them at Trader Joe's in the produce section)
1/2 t cumin
1/2 t coriander
1/2 t paprika
3/4 t turmeric
1 t onion powder
1 t garlic powder
1/4 t cayenne pepper


To prepare, put the lentils and spices in a bowl and mix it all together until the spices are distributed evenly throughout. If you find that this isn't enough spice to flavor your entire batch of lentils, simply double the recipe. If you're making your spinach/lentil salad, toss it over a bed of spinach greens, otherwise, enjoy on their own. Either way, they are quite delicious. I eat them cold, but you're more than welcome to heat them up!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment