Saturday, February 9, 2013

Pizza Party (In Honor of National Pizza Pie Day)

Post cleanse, I was definitely craving pizza. It's been a while, but I used to love to make myself cauliflower pizza at least a few times a month, but considering it is a very time consuming process, I hadn't really had time lately. Thanks to Nemo (what a pathetic name for a storm by the way), I had ample time to make a time consuming dinner, so I decided to go ahead and revisit an old fav, which clocks in at less than 100 calories per pizza pie. And, I was even festive in honor of National Pizza Pie Day, and in honor of my favorite holiday (which I celebrate all month long!), I made a heart shaped cauliflower pizza, of which I will share the recipe.



To make this Low Carb, Low Cal Cauliflower Pizza for one, you will need:

200g riced raw cauliflower (use a grater to get the pieces super fine)
(optional: a tablespoon of egg whites to bind the crust better)
Toppings: tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, turkey pepperoni, roasted garlic, or whatever else you'd like
garlic powder, onion powder, italian herbs and spices, etc. to taste

To prepare, start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees. Then, simply microwave your cauliflower for 2-3 minutes to soften it. Then, add whatever spices you'd like, mix it up, (add your egg white if you want), and spread on a parchment paper-lined pan. Now, you have one of two options: you can either bake it for about 10 minutes and then flip it to get it crispier on both sides. Or, you can simply add your toppings and bake for about 15 minutes until the cauliflower is as crispy as you'd like it. I also put mine in the broiler for a few minutes to melt the cheese a little more. It was a great post-cleanse dinner, and a cute idea for the upcoming holiday! Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment