Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Meat my Valentine

In honor of my favorite day of the year (yes, Valentine's day), I've really been feeling the love in the kitchen, making all things red and heart shaped. And while I of course share this fact because I want to spread the love with you, I also want to raise the point that Valentine's Day is not solely about chocolate (though I do love be some chocolate!). There are plenty of other ways to show the love in the kitchen!
First of all, as shown above, you can make fun healthy heart shaped foods. Case and point, my burger drizzled in hot sauce above. Or, just add some healthy red to your dish- think strawberries, cranberries, red pepper, tomatoes, red cabbage, etc. etc.

Not a fan of red foods? Why not embrace the aphrodisiacs instead? We all know chocolate fits the bill, but did you also know asparagus, almonds, avocados, bananas, figs, garlic (you may want to avoid this one for breath's sake), salmon, walnuts, and oysters are all natural aphrodisiacs as well? And, my personal fav, hot peppers get your blood pumpin' as well, and we all know Tiny Tummy likes things SPICY!

Want to put all of this together? Why not make a spicy salmon dish with some roasted asparagus garnished with strawberries, cranberries, or pomegranates? Can't beat a healthy, aphrodisiac dinner! And, that'll even leave room to indulge a little for dessert with some chocolate!

What are you planning for Valentine's Day?   Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment