Monday, February 25, 2013

The Jerk of All Trades

As I mentioned in a previous post, I'm a convert to the Jerky Clan. Originally, I thought jerky would taste like what I picture dog food to taste like but it was actually quite good (hey, maybe dog food is too, but Tiny Tummy has no intention of venturing down that path any time soon :P) Anyway, in my new hunt for jerky, I came across this one which actually has pretty reasonable stats and tasted great!

Jerky is tricky because the stats range SO much. It's hard to find one that has few calories/mg of sodium but still has a decent amount of protein. Surprisingly, I've found that beef jerky tends to have better stats than turkey jerky. Weird, right? Anyway, this one was only 60 calories per ounce, where some can be upwards of 100 to 150! And like I said, it had nice flavor, so for an on-the-go punch of protein that requires 0 refrigeration, you can't go wrong with a good ole bag of jerky. Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment