Friday, April 27, 2012

Screamin’ for Ice Cream

Who doesn't love ice cream?!


The ice-cream section of the supermarket can be scary for those of us who love the frozen delicacies. Lately, there are more options than anyone could ever imagine, so how could anyone know which to choose? If you're like me, if I'm eating ice cream, I want to EAT ice cream- none of this 1/2 cup serving nonsense! Luckily, I came across this hidden gem!


The Pint of Pure Genius: Arctic Zero 
Nutrition Info: (1/2 cup; 74g) 37 calories, 0g fat, 80mg sodium, 6g carbs, 2g fiber, 5g sugars, 3.4g protein

Didn't think eating a whole pint of ice cream could fit into your diet plan? Me neither, until I came across Arctic Zero in my local health food store. Disclaimer: The consistency is not quite that of the creamy ice cream you're used to, but with these stats, how can you complain? Some flavors are definitely better than others- Coffee is my personal fav, though I've yet to taste the Pumpkin Spice, as nobody around me sells it.


Biggest negative? These pints are fairly hard to find and can be a bit pricey, but nobody ever said eating healthy was cheap!


Bottom Line: If you're looking for something to satisfy your ice cream craving without expanding your waist line, you've found it. If you crave true, creamy ice cream, this probably won't do it for you.



Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment