Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Taco Tuesday: Tiny Tummy's Chipotle-Replacement Taco Salad

The problem with living alone is that the process of finishing one can of beans, chickpeas, corn, etc. is night a one night ordeal. Granted, canned goods often have enough sodium to make them last a few days, but I usually try to finish cans within consecutive days. I bring this seemingly useless point up because it is actually totally related to the next recipe. The very first meal that I made in my new apartment was my favorite, famous black bean burgers, and although I was cooking for two, that still doesn't knock off an entire can of black beans. So, for dinner the next night, it was either black bean burgers again, or something else-- this recipe. Every time I pass Chipotle, I find myself craving a taco salad or burrito bowl, or something to that extent, so I decided that with my extra beans, a new taco salad would be born.



To make Tiny Tummy's Chipotle-replacement Taco Salad, you will need:
1/4 onion, chopped small
1/8 cup black beans (or more if you have more on hand)-- I used my new faves from Trader Joes
1/4 mango, chopped small
1/4 avocado, chopped
2 T salsa
Mixed greens of your choice (I used spinach, kale, and romaine)

To prepare, start by sautéing your onions in a pan until the brown. Add the black beans and cook for a few minutes just to warm them up. Add the rest of the ingrediens to a bowl (you could chop the lettuce first if you like your salads chopped like I do), followed by your onion and bean mixture, and mix until well combined. Feel free to add some hot sauce or jalapenos if you so choose, as I usually do, but I used a spicy salsa, so I didn't have to!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment