Sunday, June 16, 2013

Veggie Burger Barely BowloYum

Before I left for London, I had a serious barley-kick, where I was eating a side of barley with my meal almost every night. One night, I decided to make a giant mashup of everything I was eating, and it actually turned out to be quite a delicious dish. Call me weird, but don't knock this dish til you try it!

To make this Veggie Burger Barley Bowl of Deliciousness, you will need:
1/4 cup cooked barley
1 veggie burger, cooked and cut into pieces (I used Morningstar Farm's California Turk'y Burger)
assorted veggies of your choice-whatever you have leftover will do (I used red peppers, corn, broccoli, and carrots)
1 tablespoon black bean dip (I used Oasis)
1 tablespoon salsa
optional: a splash of hot sauce (you know I went there!)

To prepare, toss the barley, veggie burger, and veggies in a bowl and microwave until warmed. Then, add black bean dip and salsa (and hot sauce) and mix until distributed throughout. Now dig in, and tell me that's not a total winner!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment