Monday, June 10, 2013

Tokyum Salad

Lately, when it comes to new Flab Free Food Finds, it is usually either a result of me food shopping hungry or needing to meet a credit card minimum... this one actually came as a mix of both. I went to grab myself a tofu salad one day after moving, and naturally, the bodega I went into had a $10 credit card minimum. As a two second rant of annoyance, I hate credit card minimums- be happy I'm shopping in your store and swipe my card and consider the ridiculous prices you charge at your bodega to pay for the fee it takes to run my card.
Anyway, to meet the minimum, I came across this vegan Tokyo Seaweed Salad which was basically just wakame seaweed, garlic, carrots, rice vinegar, and sesame oil. I wasn't all that excited to try it because I was annoyed I had to buy it to meet the minimum, but I have to admit, it was really delicious. It was super garlic-y, so I wouldn't suggest it as a pre-date snack, but on a night that you're on your own for din-din, it is a perfectly acceptable option.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment