Wednesday, June 19, 2013

The Cheese You've Probably Never Heard Of

When it comes to dairy for breakfast, we all know Greek yogurt, cottage cheese, milk for your cereal, maybe some cheddar or mozzarella in your omelette, but have you ever heard of farmer's cheese? I don't know if it's what they eat on the farm right before going out for the big harvest, but it's sort of like a thicker cottage cheese. To be honest, I tend to shy away from anything white and thick, so I turned my nose up at this chunky hunk-o cheese at first, but when Mommy Tiny Tummy disguised it by adding blueberries to it and pureeing it, I was intrigued, and I have to admit, after tasting it, I really liked it. For anyone who "doesn't have time for breakfast" this is one of those no-brainers. Spread it on toast or eat it by the spoonful for some protein and get your sweet fix in the morning without turning to refined sugar-enhanced breakfast cereals or 'fruit on the bottom' (it's not fruit, folks!) yogurts.



To make this Blueberry Farmer's Cheese, you will need:
1 package of farmer's cheese
1 6oz container of blueberries

To prepare, throw the cheese and blueberries into a food processor (or Vitamix) and puree until combined. Talk about easy peasy! Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment