Thursday, March 14, 2013

Cheeseburger Mac Attack

As a child, I was never a fan of cheeseburgers. I loved me a good hamburger and I beyond loved mac and cheese, but something about a cheeseburger just wasn't appetizing to me. (Perhaps it was some kosher force in me propelling the two apart... but I doubt it.) Anyway, ever since I started using Pinterest, there is recipe after recipe for cheeseburger mac and cheese, and while I never actually inquired about the recipes past the photos, the pictures always look really good! Tonight, in an effort to try something new, I decided to put my instincts to the test and see if I could create my own cheeseburger mac, and it was actually quite delicious, so of course, I will share the recipe.

To make Tiny Tummy's Cheeseburger Mac Attack, you will need:

2oz high fiber elbow pasta (I used Fiber Gourmet)
3oz lean ground beef, seasoned to your liking (I used Trader Joe's 99% fat free)
1 small shallot chopped finely
1 slice fat free cheese (I used Kraft Cheddar)

To prepare, start by preparing your pasta according to package instructions. Then, set aside, and sautee your onions on the stovetop until they start to soften. Add the ground beef and continue to sautee until meat has browned/cooked. Add the meat/onion mix to your pasta and break your cheese slice down until it melts and mixes in with everything. Feel free to add more than one cheese slice, I'm just not a gigantic cheese-fan, so the one slice was enough for me. And FYI, using the ingredients that I did, the whole recipe has between 250 and 300 calories (even with the second slice of cheese!)

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment