Saturday, March 30, 2013

Make Your Own Microwave Popcorn

Popcorn is known to be a healthy snack- loaded with fiber and low in calories, yet movie theater popcorn and microwave popcorn are such calorie and fat bombs that it makes it pretty hard to believe that popcorn can be healthy. Even the 100 calorie packs and the "light" microwave popcorn often have hidden trans fats and a laundry list of ingredients that is far from healthy, but don't think that the only way to make healthy popcorn is to go out and buy some expensive, high-tech popcorn machine. What would you say if I told you that you could make healthy popcorn in your own home using just a microwave and a brown paper bag? If you're any bit like me, your mind is probably blown.



I'll admit, I didn't think it was possible, but you can actually make perfectly air-popped popcorn in a brown bag in your microwave. All you have to do is pop some kernels in a brown bag, fold the top over, and put it in the microwave until you hear the kernel popping slow down to almost nothing. (I'm sure there is a "correct" amount of time, but I simply rely on my senses for this one. It's that simple. Open your brown bag and prepare to be amazed! You can feel free to add a little salt if you so choose, but I actually like my pop corn straight from the bag Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment