Sunday, May 5, 2013

Rice Gone Nutty

With finals right around the corner, cooking hasn't exactly been at the top of my to-do list, but lack of sufficient time to concoct an extravagant meal is no excuse to veer away from healthy habits entirely. In a rush to throw something together for lunch, I decided to try mixing minute brown rice and some nut butter for a healthy mix of protein and fiber to keep me powering through my studying, and woah, was it delicious. The brown rice is nutty already, but with the added nut butter, you've got a real winner.



To make this nutty rice, you will need:
1/4 cup brown rice, prepared according to package directions (I used the minute brown rice which only requires microwaving)
1 tablespoon nut butter of choice (I used PB2)

To prepare, simply mix the nut butter into the rice, stir, and eat up! Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment