Friday, May 10, 2013

Turkey Sauce Stuffed Squash

When it comes to buying meat, I've been trying to stick to what's on sale. Honestly, I had been craving something with ground meat, and I don't have a meat grinder, so it was an awesome surprise that the ground turkey was on sale at my local supermarket. I brought the package home and it just sat in my fridge as I decided between turkey tacos, turkey lettuce wraps... and then I saw the spaghetti squash sitting on top of my freezer and thus a lightbulb went off, turkey meat sauce. Since the tomato sauce was already made, it was a quick fix to add the ground turkey, and talk about one pot dinners-- this one didn't even require a plate to eat out of!

To make this Turkey Tomato Sauce Stuffed Spaghetti Squash, you will need:
1 spaghetti squash
1/2 cup tomato sauce (I used my homemade sauce)
3oz lean ground turkey (99% fat free)
optional: mozzarella cheese on top (I opted against, but it is delicious!)

To prepare, microwave your spaghetti squash, or prepare it however you normally would. Cut it in half, remove the seeds, and shred the squash with a fork. Then, add the tomato sauce and ground turkey to a pot on medium heat, and continue to mash down the ground turkey until it is all broken into pieces and dispersed throughout the sauce. Let it simmer for about 7-10 minutes (or until your ground turkey is cooked through). Dump sauce onto shredded spaghetti squash and eat up!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment