Wednesday, May 1, 2013

An Attitude Adjustment

When it comes to dieting, we often bog ourselves down with everything we can't eat. Yes, cookies and cake in unlimited portions are off-limits, but there are tons of healthy foods that are perfectly fine. I recently had a conversation with a friend talking about how upset she was that she could no longer eat the things she used to eat. While I am all about indulging in those foods every now and then, I still urged her to swap "I can't" into "I can."



Instead of dwelling on the foods you can't eat, think about everything you can eat. Instead of "I can't have pancakes drenched in syrup for breakfast" how about "I can have a giant veggie omelette with fresh avocado?" This automatically makes breakfast sound a whole lot more exciting, right? And think of all of the energy you'll have from eating whole, clean foods-- then think of all of the things you can do with all of that extra energy. It's crazy what a simple attitude adjustment can do! Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment