Friday, February 15, 2013

Spinach has met its Mache

When it comes to healthy foods, I'm all about trying new things, and for some reason, I always find that I am exceptionally adventurous in Trader Joe's (probably because I usually go there hungry after a long workout). So, while in Trader Joe's I came across a ba of lettuce named Mache that I had never heard of before, so I decided to give it a try. It said it was good with avocado, and most things that pair well with avocado are delicious, so why not, right?
Naturally, I loved it. Like REALLY loved it. It is the color/shape of spinach, but the consistency of butter lettuce. It's actually "creamy" like an avocado, which is a strange was to describe lettuce, I know, but if you've tried it, you probably agree. If you have a Trader Joe's nearby, I highly suggest trying this stuff out- it's not any more expensive than any other lettuce out there! Have you heard of/tried mache? What do you think? Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment