Thursday, August 2, 2012

Give it Your Heart and Sole

Fish are your friends when it comes to protein picks- most are a lean source of protein and pack a ton of flavor before you add any seasoning or sauce. While I have my favorite fishy friends (bluefish, flounder, salmon to name a few), I am always willing to try to new kinds, and let me tell you, I think I found a new favorite- Blue Sole! It is somewhat of a cross between Flounder and bluefish actually- less fishy than bluefish, but still has that creamy, flaky texture.




I prepared it in a marinade using Walden Farms Sesame Ginger dressing (yes, new Walden find!) and then topped it with some chopped scallions and chives, and dehydrated garlic and onion flakes, baked it in a foil pack with some brussels sprouts in the oven on 350 for about 20 minutes followed by the broiler for about 5 minutes to get that crispy crust and dug in! Love the broiler- it creates a breading-esque crust with the onion and garlic flakes without any real breading needed- and makes the brussel sprouts really crispy too! No complaints from the parents either- both really enjoyed our new flaky friend! And the best part? He was on sale for 4.99 per pound- gotta love cheap dinners! Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment