Thursday, August 23, 2012

It's a Miracle...Noodle



On a low carb diet, pasta was pretty much an unthinkable option for me (until I found Atkins pasta and Al Dente, etc. of course), but when I really craved pasta, I went for Miracle Noodles. For those of you who have never heard of Miracle Noodles, they are basically the same thing as Tofu Shirataki noodles (all the rage these days)- except these are zero calorie (as opposed to the 40 in Tofu Shirataki- aka basically nothing), pre-cooked noodles that you can find in the vegetarian section of your supermarket. While they are a little slimier than actual pasta, they certainly satisfy the craving for me, and for those times I'm craving a gigantic bowl of pasta, I am the first to reach for the Miracle Noodles! Sometimes, I'll even mix them with some Al Dente noodles to bulk up the dish for minimal calories. I love using them for Asian dishes, as they are more similar in consistency to Asian noodles than pasta. Recently, in making a Thai noodle dish, I used half Al Dente and a pack of Miracle Noodles, and let me tell you, brilliant! Can you say GIANT bowl of noodles?! Yum! Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment