Saturday, August 4, 2012

In Order to Thrive, Don't Deprive!

People often ask me how I stick to such a rigid lifestyle, and the truth is, I don't find it to be that rigid because I never feel deprived! People who stick to strict diets often cheat themselves out of their favorite foods, and when they allow themselves to indulge, end up overdoing it because they felt so deprived! If I felt deprived, I wouldn't be able to do it, but if I'm really craving something, I allow myself to indulge- it's all about balance! When that pizza craving comes a-kickin', I make myself a pizza, when I crave chocolate, I go for a piece of chocolate- and if my homemade pizza didn't satisfy my craving, I would go for the real thing, but honestly, I don't miss it! There's nothing worse than that downer who complains about what they can't eat, when in reality, the only one stopping you is yourself! Just learn how to indulge in moderation. If that means eating a lighter lunch so you can pig out on dinner, then make the necessary adjustments! If you live your whole life feeling deprived, you'll be more likely to fall off the wagon- and sometimes it's fun to try to find healthier ways to satisfy your junk food cravings. Don't think of it as 'cheating,' think of it as balance! Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment