Thursday, August 9, 2012

Surf and Turf


It's not often that supermarkets run specials on lobsters, and it's an even rarer occasion that a supermarket has both steak and lobsters on sale at the same time, so when I took a peak at Shoprite's weekly circular to find both lobsters and steak, it basically made my decision to prepare surf and turf for dinner for me. I can't say we do this often, but how could you turn down a lobster and steak dinner for three for about $22?! With a side of spelt and cucumber salad, you basically couldn't ask for a better dinner! To prepare the lobsters is easy enough- just steam them in a giant pot with some water in the bottom (I will admit the guy looked at me like I was crazy when I said I would take the lobsters live- some places will steam the lobsters for you, free of charge, but I like to eat mine hot and fresh!) And I actually prepared the steaks on my trusty mini George Forman Grill- makes a juicy steak every time! I seasoned my dad's with a nice dry rub of cumin, paprika, garlic and onion powder, and some freshly ground pepper and marinated mine and my mom's a garlic-y, onion-y BBQ sauce, threw our soaked spelt in a pot, and we were good to go! Needless to say, a delicious dinner! Gotta love supermarket specials!! Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment