Thursday, July 12, 2012

Muffins that won't result in a muffin top!

I was so caught up in Free Slurpee Day yesterday, that I didn't even get a chance to acknowledge the fact that I celebrated national blueberry muffin day- but not with just any blueberry muffin! Normally, muffins are chocked full of sugar, carbs, calories... all the bad stuff- and just because they are fruit flavored, doesn't make them healthy. In fact, some blueberry muffins can have as many as 400 calories- all of which are empty carb- calories, so you're not even full after finishing the entire muffin! Luckily, I know a company that makes DELICIOUS blueberry muffins that are only (are you ready for this?!) 40 calories each! And they are sweetened with erythritol, have 8 grams of fiber and 6 grams of protein, and only 2g of net carbs. With those stats, you could eat 5 (though I'm generally satisfied with just 1 or 2!)


ThinSlim Foods makes an incredible line of naturally sweetened, muffins, squares, and brownies- all of which are beyond delicious! I eat at least one of their products every day! My personal faves are probably the chocolate muffins, the blueberry muffins, and the brownies, but I thoroughly enjoy the cinnamon and banana squares too! Each of their products has between 40 and 45 calories, so it's a guilt-free indulgence, and any health-conscious dieter's dream come true! I will say that I much prefer them microwaved for about 30 seconds, as they take on a fluffier texture- the brownies literally melt in your mouth! Just a disclaimer- don't expect a GIANT muffin or brownie- each treat is 2oz, but it certainly satisfies the sweet tooth, and like I said, they are guilt-free, so if you can't stop at 1, it isn't a total sin to eat 2 at a time! The only downer is that as usual, they are very expensive, and have to be ordered online, but I promise, it is money well spent. And rumor has it the company is working on crafting a low-carb, low-cal pizza. Needless to say, Tiny Tummy is very excited to try!  Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment