Saturday, July 21, 2012

Pasta Del Mar

The whole pasta and seafood thing is clearly nothing new coming from me; however, with my newfound love for Walden Farms Garlic and Herb pasta sauce, the sauce that I prepared my pasta with came out so good that I saved the leftover to eat over rice or spelt the next time I make it! And, this was one of those throw-together dinners so you know it has to be super simple as always!




You will need:


Seasoning mixture for the seafood:


1 t smoked paprika (or perhaps a little more)
1 t garlic powder
1 t onion powder
A good 6-8 twists of the Dean Jacobs Chiptole Spice Seasoning Mill
1/4 t red pepper flakes (or more if you like things HOT like I do)




2 oz of Atkins Pasta cooked (or any quantity/pasta you may desire)


4- 5 oz. shrimp and scallops (or more or less depending upon how much you choose to buy/prepare)- you can use the frozen medley, but I actually used fresh seafood this time around
A mix of whatever veggies you'd like- I used 1/4 of a tomato (I had it leftover from breakfast), some sauteed onions and mushrooms, chopped spinach, and frozen peas)-
3-5 T of Walden Farms Garlic and Herb Pasta Sauce (depending upon how much pasta, seafood, and veggies you use and how saucey you like your pasta dishes)
optional: some dehydrated onion and garlic flakes (you know I can't help myself!)


To prepare:
Combine you spice mixture, rinse seafood, and coat those suckers in the spice blend while you cut the rest of your veggies and cook your pasta. Once your pasta is cooked, rinse and drain, but toss it back into your pot on the stove. Bring your pot back onto a low heat and add seafood, sauce, and then veggies). Cook until everything is well heated and your seafood is cooked through (unless you're using a frozen precooked seafood medley of course!) You should really taste the smoked paprika- it's a delicious compliment to our new friend from Walden Farms!



Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment