Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Taco Bell Tuesday's

When I was little, I used to look forward to Tuesday nights because I would go to Taekwondo classes and then get Taco Bell (or McDonalds depending on my mood) for dinner. It was the only time I ever ate fast food, but I loved it. And I always got the same thing- a Chalupa, and, my personal favorite, the Mexican Pizza. Needless to say, Taco Bell and Taekwondo Tuesday's are long gone, but every once in a while, I will get a strange craving for a Mexican Pizza, and just recently, I decided to try to make my own (with some much healthier ingredients, obviously!)




You will need:


2 La Tortilla Factory small tortillas
2 T Oasis Black Bean Dip
1/4 Cup of Boca (or Morningstar Farm's meatless crumbles)
2 T Salsa or Pico De Gallo of your Choice
1 oz shredded cheese (Mexican blend, Mozzarella, whatever you prefer)
2 T diced tomatoes
2 T chopped scallions


To make:
Bake the tortillas in the oven until they become crispy, but be careful not to over cook them! Once crispy, spread the black bean dip, crumbles, and salsa over one tortilla and top with the other. Then, sprinkle the cheese on top and put back into the oven until the cheese melts. Finally, add the diced tomatoes and scallions and enjoy! Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment