Thursday, October 25, 2012

Caramel Cancer Culprits

I have to admit, I may just have to break one of my biggest rules for Werther's newest candies.



I used to LOVE those delicious caramel-apple lollipops, so when I heard Werther's was coming out with a new sugar free caramel apple flavored candy, I was beyond eager to check it out, but much to my disappointment, Werther's hasn't jumped on board the Stevia wagon yet. They still rely on acesulfame potassium, aka the cancer-causing sweetener, to sweeten their products. Serious bummer because their caramel candies are delicious and only 8 calories each! These would be a great way to kick a sweets craving, but I just can't bring myself to say I'm all for something sweetened with AP. Common, Werther's! Make the switch to Stevia! Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment