Monday, October 1, 2012

Hot Cod

One of the many things I look forward to when going home is being able to cook fish dinner. Yes, I can buy fish in the city, but there's something about the white fish on Long Island that is super delicious (and much cheaper!). So, to take full advantage, dinner was good ole' cod fish! I have to say, the cod fish I got actually looked a lot better than it tasted. Next time, I might go for bluefish or tilapia. The cod was a bit tough, but I always enjoy fish, so I'm not complaining!

Anyway, I decided to try an updated take on one of my classic faves. I prepared the cod with lemon, minced garlic, chives, and a mix of oniony, garlicy, and peppery spices, but instead of just squeezing the lemon over the fish and letting it cook, I actually placed fresh slices of lemon on top before putting it in the oven, and if you are fan of tart, you will LOVE this fish.

Feelin' Frisky? Try slicing an orange or a lime instead of a lemon! Or maybe even a grapefruit! Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment