Thursday, October 18, 2012

Mean Green Crunchy Machine

I will be the first to admit that I never really understood the appeal of Kale Chips, regardless of how popular they've become. I mean who wants to eat dried leaves? Well let me tell you, after finally caving and trying them out, this Tiny Tummy does! While I refuse to spend the $7 per package that most Kale Chips in the package run, I was shopping at my local supermarket the other day, and came across a giant (and I mean GIANT) bunch of kale for 99 cents, so it was basically the excuse of the century to try these suckers for myself.

I seriously dare you to try to eat these chips quietly. If it is crunch you crave, fear not- these have a SERIOUS crunch factor to them! And an entire bunch of Kale will yield about the same calories as a single serving of potato chips (probably less if we're being honest here)



To make these crunchy Kale chips, you will need

1 bunch of Kale
spice blend of your choice- for all of you traditionalists out there (is that even a word?!) a little sprinkle of salt, for any of you OMG lovers out there, I sprinkled some onion and garlic powder on mine- you could easily experiment with a little dry onion soup mix for a ranch flavored chip or some chili powder for a spicy chip!

To prepare, simply rinse your kale leaves (I actually left mine a little damp so the spices stick), sprinkle the seasoning on, and bake in the oven at 250 for about 10 minutes. (may be a little longer or shorter based on how strong your oven is) ... Basically, just cook them until they dry out and get crunchy! Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment