Thursday, October 4, 2012

Taco Thursday (WHAA?!): Salsa Smorgasbord

For anyone who doesn't know, it's National Taco Day! Boo on the holiday for falling on a Thursday instead of a Tuesday, but in honor of this joyous food holiday, I thought I would give a guide to a condiment often paired with Tacos: Salsa!

Salsa may seem like a pretty standard ingredient, but there are SO many types! I've tried my fair share of salsas, so I figured I would share my top 5 salsa faves from the supermarket (though if you're feelin frisky, feel free to make your own! It's the healthiest and best way to cater to your own taste buds!)


1. Trader Joe's Peach Salsa
So it's definitely not your average salsa! It has a smokey, fruity kick to it, so it's definitely not for everyone, but Tiny Tummy loves fruit in salsa and guac! Be warned though: it is a bit higher in sugar than other salsas because of the peaches in it! Tostitos

2. Typical Tostitos
Call me crazy but as far as traditional salsa goes, I'm a huge fan of plain ole Salsa! It's the perfect blend of chunky and smooth, and the mild, medium, and spicy are all equally delicious!

3. Trader Joe's Chunky Pineapple Salsa
Along the same lines as the peach salsa, this fruity salsa is equally delicious!

4. Mrs. Renfro's Chipotle Corn Salsa
A little corn in salsa goes a long way, and our friends at Mrs. Renfro's have got it down! And that kick of chipotle doesn't hurt either!

5. Black Bean and Corn Salsa
Black beans + Corn + Tomatoes= enough said. Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment