Thursday, January 10, 2013

Mango Balsamic Chicken Foil Pack

Say mango and balsamic in front of Mommy Tiny Tummy and she will probably respond with "sign me up!" So, for dinner one night when I was visiting, I prepared for her a mango balsamic chicken prepared in foil packs, and it was so easy to make, I thought I'd share the recipe.

To make this Mango Balsamic Chicken, you will need:

1 16 oz pack of chicken (I normally use fat-free breasts, but Mommy Tiny Tummy prefers skinless boneless thighs)
4 T balsamic vinegar (if you have a fancy one, this is a great place to use it- I used a Fig flavored one)
3 T maple syrup or honey (I used Walden Farms)
2 T dijon mustard
2 T sugar free apricot preserves
1 mango, diced
1 large piece of tinfoil

To prepare, preheat your oven to 350, and combine everything except the chicken and mango in a bowl and mix until well combined. Then, coat your chicken evenly with the mixture. Arrange the chopped mango on the tinfoil, followed by the chicken breasts on top, and close the foil pack. Put the foil pack on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 20 minutes if cooking breasts, or about 40 minutes if cooking thighs. (though as usual, cooking time will depend on your oven). And be careful when takin the pack out of the oven. If it was a juicy mango, the glaze may get watery!


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment