Thursday, January 31, 2013

Tiny Tummy Takes on the Cleanse



If I haven't said before on BETT, anyone who knows me knows I am pretty much dead set against traditional "cleanses." A cleanse is often associated with an all-liquid diet that spans the course of a few days (or as long as you can tolerate it), and promises extreme weight loss (most of which you gain right back!) Like I said, I do not endorse the liquid cleanse by any stretch. It's never worth starving yourself and depriving your body of much needed nutrients; however when it comes to whole-food cleanses, there is room for discussion. Keri Glassman, a registered dietitian (and also my boss!), has an awesome 4 day, 8 food cleanse that focuses on eating real foods throughout the entire day, so when she asked the entire office to do her cleanse alongside her to promote her new book The New You and Improved Diet, I was happy to jump on board. (It's an awesome book by the way!) Without totally chewing your ear off, I thought I'd let you all know that I will be cleansing alongside Keri and the rest of the Nutritious Life team starting on Monday, and I invite you to join me. To get ahead on your grocery list for the four days, head on over to the Nutritious Life website, and give it a look. I can't wait to share my experience with all of you. And if you want to get a head start, this recipe works PERFECTLY for lunch.

Feelin' Frisky? For all of you smarties with a smart phone planning to partake in the cleanse, enter the Instagram contest to win a signed copy of Keri's latest book, The New You and Improved Diet. Details here! Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment