Monday, December 17, 2012

Must Have Monday: A Nutritious Lunch

For this week's must have monday, instead of posting things I think you simply must have, I'm going to give you a recipe you simply must try! Not only is it super nutritious, full of fiber protein, and flavor, but it comes together in less than 10 minutes, and I'll even give you an option that allows you to make it without doing any cooking!

To make this delicious and nutritious lentil, spinach, and egg salad, you will need:
100g (1/2 cup) lentils prepared (I was feelin' frisky and bought the precooked ones from Trader Joe's which are AWESOME!)
a pinch of each of the following: turmeric, cayenne, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder
1 large egg prepared over easy (with spices of your choice!)
3 cups spinach/mixed greens of your choice

To prepare, simply combine the lentils with your spices and mix well. Then, toss the lentils over the salad, make your egg, pop the yolk and let it run over your salad, and eat up!

**To be honest, I wanted to have a hard boiled egg, but I didn't let it cook long enough, and the yolk actually slipped out while I was peeling it and fell right down the drain. I was then far too hungry to go through the process again, so I just made one over easy, and actually, the yolk sort of acted like a dressing for the egg and was super yummy. For a no-cook option, though, or, if you want to bring this salad with you to work, a hard boiled egg would work in place of the one pictured. And I promise there is enough flavor in the lentils that you won't miss the yolk "dressing." You could, however, squirt some fresh lemon or lime over the salad! Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment