Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Start Smart: New Simple Tip

While I like to plan my meals according to when I'm hungry, if you're eating with others, that isn't always possible. Sometimes, I am starving, but my dinner plans are still an hour away. Now, allowing yourself to go in starving is always a recipe for disaster, so instead, I listen to my body, and start my meal a little early with a smart start.

No, I'm not talking about that cereal by Kellog's. What I mean is, have a small snack in advance to keep yourself satiated so dinner doesn't turn you into a ravenous animal who attacks their dinner like they haven't eaten in weeks. (Trust me, I've made that mistake before!) Today, I went with a simple salad (just some greens), but soup is another great option. Or, if you're on the go, a small handful of nuts or a few slices of turkey will just as easily do the trick!  You can also bring this tip with you to the restaurant- If you get to the restaurant and suddenly hunger HITS, start with an appetizer of soup or salad (healthy ones, of course!) Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment