Friday, December 21, 2012

Kind of Healthy Bars

I recently received a question about what I thought of Kind Bars. For those of you who don't know, these bars are basically (or at least so they say) nuts+fruit. Each bar is basically comprised of a different one nut and one fruit combo (with the exception of a few of their more exotic flavors). I know, you're thinking fruit+nuts=healthy, right? Not necessarily...

For the flavors that actually stick to the solely fruit and nut concept, Tiny Tummy salutes you; however, and this is a big however, be careful! Some of their bars actually have added sugars, so be cautious which flavors you choose! Additionally, these bars generally clock in at about 200 calories and only have a couple grams of protein, which may be a little steep for some.



Personally, I think I would prefer a bag of homemade trail mix, just to avoid those added sugars, but compared to some of the other bars on the market that are CHOCKED full of added sugars, the Kind bars put them to shame. If it's a nutty fix you crave, Kind could be a new best friend- especially since they are basically pre-portioned for you (I don't know about you, but I'm NUTS for nuts- I have a pretty hard time stopping at 1oz).

Bottom Line, the Kind Bars are kind of healthy. Sure, a handful of nuts and fresh fruit are a healthier pick, but as far as an on-the-go nut bar, they knock their competition out of the water! Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment