Friday, December 14, 2012

You Wanna Pizza This?

Every Thursday and Friday, I walk to my internship and pass about every indulgent restaurant you can think of. The one smell I can't seem to avoid is the smell of fresh pizza, and let me tell you, I must pass about 10 pizza joints with incredible aromas. It's no surprise that I come home these nights craving pizza. Since Sandy, I hadn't bought and mozzarella cheese, so as much as I wanted to make my own pizza, I couldn't. Though, yesterday, I had simply had enough of these delicious aromas, and made it a point to stop and grab a block of mozzarella so I could make my own pizza, and it was beyond satisfying. Oh, and not to mention, there are less than 150 calories in the whole thing. Craving kicked!


To make this perfect pizza, you will need:

1 small La Tortilla Factory tortilla
1/2 cup tomato sauce of choice (I used my own, homemade sauce)
1 oz fat free shredded mozzarella cheese
turkey pepperoni to taste
optional: additional toppings and spices: sliced tomato, onions, mushrooms, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, etc.

To prepare, toast your tortilla in the oven on 350 for about 10 minutes, or until it just starts to get crispy. Then, flip the tortilla and add all of your toppings in the order you please (I went traditional sauce, cheese, pepperoni, spices. but if you're feelin' frisky go ahead and experiment and change things up! Finally, return to the oven for about another 7 minutes, or until your cheese melts. Additionally, you can put it in the broiler for a few seconds to get it SUPER crispy, though these tortillas get crunchy quickly so be careful not to burn it! Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment