Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Satisfy that Crunch

As much as I love to say there are plenty of ways to satisfy that crunchy chip craving without going for some sort of chip itself, I know that there are often times when the only thing that will truly satisfy that craving is a good crunch. Since I try to stay away from chips, themselves, I'm always looking for something that has the true crunch of real chips but doesn't pack all of the fat, calories, and carbs, that chips normally contain.



Glenny's has done it again with another crunchy option with less guilt than potato chips. While these crispy wheat snacks are not quite a potato chip, they definitely satisfy the need to crunch. I find the onion garlic ones to have the most flavor, though they have an overwhelming parsley flavor for someone who doesn't really love parsley. If you want something crunchy and sweet, I'd opt for the apple cinnamon. The honey ones were decent, but I wasn't blown away. They had a very mild flavor- definitely the mildest of the bunch. On a whole, I probably wouldn't eat them plain, but with a shmear of peanut butter or cinnamon cream cheese on the apple cinnamon or honey or a wedge of Laughing Cow cheese or some salsa/guac on the onion garlic ones, these could easily be a winner. If you're feelin' frisky, you could easily replace your usual sandwich bread with these guys to reduce the calories, but considering that each individual cracker doesn't have much fiber, I'd probably suggest sticking to these as purely a snacking option. All in all, these guys will satisfy a need to crunch in place of your usual chip routine, so if its crunch you crave, opt for Glenny's.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment