Saturday, September 22, 2012

BBQ Chicken Bites

For one of my classes, I read a series of articles about McDonald's and how in some cultures it is definitive of a family meal. Blech! (Just a fun fact I thought I'd share in light of this recipe)- Anyway, reading about McDonalds got me really in the mood for some McChicken! But really, what I loved about McDonald's growing up was dipping the chicken in BBQ sauce, so I guess I was really craving some good ole' BBQ sauce- which brings us to this new simple chicken nugget replacement recipe!


Really, I just cut up some chicken tenders, coated them in BBQ sauce mixed with a dash of onion powder, garlic powder and paprika, tossed some veggies in there, laid them on a piece of tin foil, sprinkled some dehydrated onion and garlic on them, popped them in the oven at 350 for 15-20 minutes, put them in the broiler for 2 minutes to get a crispy coating on top, and ate up! If you're really craving BBQ sauce like I was, you can even dip the bites in more BBQ sauce! 

P.S.: Tiny Tummy used Walden Farms BBQ sauce, but feel free to use any BBQ sauce you like! And, if you're feelin' frisky, and more of a honey mustard person, use honey mustard instead! Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment