Saturday, September 8, 2012

Maple Balsamic Dijon Salmon

The other day, I was really craving fish, and low and behold, I was lucky enough to walk into my local supermarket to find salmon on sale! Needless to say, that package came home with me, and I went to work on a maple, balsamic, dijon marinade (with a secret added ingredient)

To prepare the marinade, you will need equal parts:
Balsamic Vinegar
Dijon Mustard
Maple Syrup (I use Walden Farms)
Polaner's Sugarfree Apricot Preserves

Note: I don't list measurements because it depends on how much salmon you're using, and I don't measure exactly. Instead, I eyeball it and taste as I go. If you like this super sweet, add extra maple syrup or preserves; whereas if you're more of a balsamic person, toss some extra vinegar in there!

Also note, I sliced my salmon into pieces so the marinade covered as much ground as possible, then grilled it on my nifty little pink George Foreman Grill, but if you have a normal size grill at home (NYC living prohibits this), then go ahead and leave it whole!


Feelin' Frisky?: This marinade works GREAT on chicken too! And I imagine it would marry nicely with tofu also, and I've even just tossed it over some veggies before also! Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment