Saturday, September 15, 2012

Sizzlin' Cinnamon French Toast

Some mornings, I crave good ole' fashioned brunch-style breakfast, which for me, often means french toast and eggs. I am actually surprised it has taken me this long to post my favorite French toast recipe, because French toast is actually one of the easier, generally very caloric, meals to make over!



To make Tiny Tummy' french toast, you will need:

2 slices light cinnamon raisin bread (I use Carb Krunchers)
1/4 cup liquid egg whites
splash of milk of choice (I use flax milk)
a generous sprinkle of cinnamon
1/8-1/4 t pure vanilla extract

Simple combine all the ingredients in a bowl (except the bread), and stir until combined evenly. Allow your bread to soak up all of the mixture. Spray a pan with non-stick spray and add your soaked bread to the pan, and allow to cook until all the moisture has absorbed through and the slices are crispy. Serve with sugar-free syrup or fresh fruit or some extra cinnamon sprinkled on top! Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment