Monday, April 8, 2013

Cauliti (Cauliflower "Ziti")

I love cauliflower. It is the most versatile vegetable, and works just about anywhere you would want to use a carb (pasta, pizza crust, potatoes... you name it!) In the heart of a serious ziti craving, I decided to break open a big head of cauliflower and swap out the pasta for some good ole cauli. The whole dish was sort of a throw together (I had no shredded cheese on hand either, so I made do with what I had, and it was quite delicious.


To make this faux ziti, you will need
2 cups of cauliflower, cooked
1/4 cup tomato sauce of choice (I used my homemade sauce)
1 mozzarella cheese stick, broken into pieces (I warned you this was make-shift ziti!)

To prepare, simply toss everything in a bowl and microwave until warm and the cheese has melted. For a ziti craving, it definitely did the trick!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment