Friday, April 5, 2013

Pizza Pick Me Up

Every day that I walk home from work, I arrive craving pizza. I must pass at least 10 pizza joints with their doors open and the aromas trickling out just teasing me as I walk by... okay, I know they aren't doing it to tease me, but regardless, I get home, and I'm thinking PIZZA. Today, the craving was so strong that I decided to indulge, but I found a healthy way to do it that still gave me some fiber and some protein and is far more nutritious than your average slice of pizza.
To make this mini pizza, you will need:

1 GG Scandinavian flatbread (or Wasa cracker or something of the like)
1-2 T tomato sauce
1 reduced fat mozzarella cheese stick

To prepare, simply spread the tomato sauce on the cracker, and break the cheese into pieces and layer them on top. Then, pop it in the toaster oven until the cheese melts, and enjoy! Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment