Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Tiny Tummy's Taco Chicken Salad (Try saying that 5 times fast!)

I did a bag thing today, folks. I went to Fairway hungry. I can't help but get lost in that store. The produce section is amazing and each aisle is always overflowing with unique products. And as a bigger danger, I had a coupon that only worked after I spent $50. Challenge accepted. I went to work grabbing corn, kale, beets, avocado, turnips, etc etc... I couldn't help myself. Everything just looked so fresh. Anyway, it ended up inspiring my dinner for tonight: A Taco Chicken Salad.


To make this Tantalizing Taco Salad, you will need:
1/4 onion, chopped
2 mushrooms, chopped
2T corn
2 T fresh salsa
1/4 fresh jalapeno, thinly sliced
a mix of greens (I used a mix of kale, romaine, and spinach)
optional: some black beans or sliced avocado (I had intended to throw some avo in there but it wasn't ripe enough :()

For the chicken:
3oz chicken breast, cut into small pieces
a pinch of each of the following: onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, paprika, cumin, chili powder, black pepper

To prepare, start by sauteeing your onions and mushrooms until they are cooked through. Then, add them along with the corn, salsa, and fresh jalapeno to a bowl with your greens and set aside. To prepare your chicken, combine the spices in a small bowl and add the chicken, tossing to coat. Cook either in a pan on the stove top or bake them (however you normally cook chicken breast-- I cooked mine in a pan which only took about 5 minutes). Finally, add your chicken to the salad and give everything a good mix. Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment