Monday, April 1, 2013

Use your Noodle

When I was younger, I used to dread Chinese takeout night. For whatever reason, I just didn't love Chinese food. If there was one dish that I used to like, it was cold sesame noodles. I never understood why they were called that, though, because other than the random sesame seeds sprinkled on top, they tasted more like peanuts to me. It came as no surprise that when I looked into it, it turns out that these noodles are traditionally made with peanut butter. One night on a craving for an old fav, I decided to get to work on a swap, and actually had success with an unbelievably simple recipe.


To make these mock cold sesame noodles, you will need:

1 tablespoon peanut butter (I used PB2 for a reduced calorie version)
1 teaspoon light soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon rice vinegar
1 package miracle noodles
1 tablespoon chopped scallions
optional: a sprinkle of sesame seeds for garnish

To prepare, simply combine the first three ingredients in a bowl until the peanut butter has thinned a bit. Take your noodles out of the package, pat them dry, and add the sauce to them. If you like your noodles super saucy, you might want to make a double batch, but I liked mine as is. Then, top with scallions and optional sesame seeds. Then, dig in, and enjoy your mock Chinese takeout! Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment