Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Doing a Healthy Chocoholic Proud

While in Fairway the other day, I decided to tease myself in the chocolate aisle. I love to look through their crazy array of chocolate bars, candies, etc. and as a total chocoholic, I just want to eat all of it. I've had my eye on these stevia-sweetened bars for a while now, but they are always astronomical in price. By whatever miracle, the Fairway... I mean stairway to heaven was open and they were ON SALE! So of course, I bought two, and let's just say it's a good thing I didn't buy more because they are DELICIOUS.



Coco Polo's bars range from 150-190 calories per serving (1/2 the bar) which is not half bad, and the only sugar in them comes from the milk in the chocolate, and the fruit such as that in the mango bar. I LOVED the hazelnut one, as there were whole hazelnuts in it, and lots of them, but I was particularly intrigued by the mango one, which actually had pieces of freeze-dried mango in it. The chocolate was totally delicious, and you would never know it was sweetened with Stevia instead of sugar. Needless to say, if I ever see these on sale again, I will definitely be buying them, and maybe even trying some of the other flavors (elderberry anyone?)
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment