Thursday, November 15, 2012

An "I Can Eat the Whole Bar" Kind of Chocolate Bar

As I have disclosed in previous posts, I am a self-proclaimed chocoholic. Since I try to stay away from eating things with added sugar, this places a fairly restrictive limit on my chocolate choices. While dark chocolate is a great treat that I indulge in fairly frequently, for those days when a few decadent squares just isn't going to do it, I realized I needed a low-cal chocolate bar that wasn't going to leave me sugared-silly (and wasn't made with any cancerous sweeteners!) Fortunately, Trader Joe's came to the rescue.



While this Simply Lite line of no sugar added chocolate bars is not specific to Trader Joe's, I find that most locations sell them. I will say, they are not quite as decadent as a traditional chocolate bar, but hey, for a low carb, low sugar, 110 calories per serving chocolate bar, I am certainly not complaining. I am personally partial to the dark chocolate bar with almonds, though I've yet to try the others, so I can't compare. One thing I will say is for a chocolate bar with almonds, there sure aren't that many almonds (not surprising for the nutritional stats). Again, if you're looking to satisfy your sweet tooth, this will certainly do the trick, though if it's true rich, decadent dark chocolate you crave, I may opt fo a smaller serving of a different bar. Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment